Follow your nose, boy! Good dog!
A “scent-sory” tour in New York City’s SoHo led 55 pups and their owners down a mile-long trail, ending at Petco’s trendy concept store – Reddy. Following the savory aromas of duck, quail, and pheasant-scented paw print decals, which marked the streets to lead the way, the dogs used their noses to lead their owners to the flagship store.
“In our daily lives, our dogs don’t typically get to flex their amazing sense of smell—we tend to hurry them along for walks with the goal of exercise,” said the Droga5 creative agency’s director, Tom McQueen. “But a dog navigates the world with its nose, much like humans do with their eyes. So, what better way to alert the local neighborhood doggos, and their parents, to this store opening than appealing straight to the senses?”
Reddy – Petco’s hip lifestyle brand which targets millennial, urban pet parents – offers premium pet products like collars, leashes, beds, bowls, apparel, and travel accessories.
The edgy pet boutique also includes:
- A Wi-Fi lounge area with a soon-to-be “adventure concierge” – where you can plan pet-focused activities around the city
- An apparel fitting station
- Personalized pet tags with monogramming (they even have phone charging stations at the customization table!)
- Pet amenities like sanitary water stations, whipped cream cups for dogs, and a “treatery”
- A nutrition station with high-quality dog foods and supplements
- Insta-worthy photo ops, including a pet polaroid wall and a “bark board”
This unique and engaging brand activation creates lasting memories for both the pups and their owners, getting them out of their houses and into the city for an active and fun experience.