You’ve spent hours researching, analyzing, and finally creating compelling content to help you reach whatever content marketing objective you have. Now comes the part that ties it all together, promotion.
What’s the best way to do this you ask? Easy, social media.
Social media has become a cornerstone of marketing strategy; it doesn’t matter what industry you’re in, it is a tool you should be using every day to interact with consumers.
Before I continue on, you are probably wondering why you should also advertise on social media. Well, let us explore what social media is for those who are unfamiliar with the concept,
“Social media itself is a catch-all term for sites that may provide radically different social actions. For instance, Twitter is a social site designed to let people share short messages or “updates” with others. Facebook, in contrast, is a full-blown social networking site that allows for sharing updates, photos, joining events and a variety of other activities.”
So to sum it up for you, social media advertising is a form of marketing that utilizes social networking websites as a tool. The big goal is to produce content that users will share with their social network to help companies raise brand exposure and broaden audience reach.
Now it’s time to take your social media promotion to the next level. The plan should look a little something like this:
- Create: Produce content and share it on social media.
- Amplify: Selectively promote your top content on social media.
- Tag: Build your re-marketing audience by tagging site visitors.
- Filter: Apply behavioral and demographic filters to your audience.
- Remarket: Re-market to your audience with display ads, social ads, and Re-marketing Lists for search ads to promote offers.
- Convert: Capture qualified leads or sale.
If you’re really THAT interested, click on the link and it will provide a further in-depth guide to everything you need to know about social media advertising – https://blog.hootsuite.com/social-media-advertising/
Here are also some things to consider when starting:
- Create a custom landing page – If the goal of your social media ad is conversions: sales, signups, etc., then you’ll want to think not only of the ad itself but also where a person might end up once they click.
- Use the “Learn More” button – The theory behind why this button works is that it helps focus your ad to an even greater degree, like a Mario mushroom for your already great copy. Adding a button enhances the call-to-action and primes a reader to take the action.
Remember that social media is cheaper than any form of advertising available today. It is one of the only forms of media that can expose you to over 1,000 people for less than $3.00! That’s a bargain if you ask me.
In addition, you can incorporate traditional elements into your social media advertising plan. You can advertise video commercials, publish articles, host live podcasts and webinars, and much more. Social media is the only “billboard” that can communicate to your audience, answer their questions, and provide them with feedback.
With that being all said, best of luck to you all in your future endeavors and I hope to see your content in my feed!